Erwin A. Crawford, DDS
Meet Dr. Crawford
Dr. Erwin A. Crawford graduated from Loma Linda University in l981 with a DDS degree. He has practiced general and implant reconstructive dentistry in Lansing Michigan since l981. Dr. Crawford is a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry. He is Board Certified in Implant Dentistry by the American Board of Oral Implantology. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry and a Diplomate of the International College of Oral Implantology. He is a member of the Academy of Osseointegration. Dr. Crawford is a proud member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Dr. Crawford maintains membership in the American Dental Association and its state and local component serving as President for the Central District Dental Society for the 2004-2005 years.
Dr. Crawford has been active in dental implant education since 1982 as a surgical instructor, anatomy course instructor as it relates to dental implants and as a teacher in an advanced bone grafting curriculum. He has done clinical trials and evaluation for the Misch Implant Institute, NobelBiocare, Paragon Dentsply, Biohorizons, Ceremed and others. Dr. Crawford has presented on implant dentistry all over the world and the United States. He brings a practical knowledge of the delivery and science behind the discipline of implant dentistry. He has authored articles on nerve position as it relates to safety and use of ramus autogenous bone cores in the sinus. He has also written protocols for anatomy and dissection for head and neck.
As a FAGD (Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry), Dr. Crawford has proven his commitment to the General Care of his patients and their families in the education arena.
As a member of the ACCD (American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry), Dr. Crawford constantly updates both in education and product on the latest in Cosmetics.
Dr. Crawford currently maintains a full time General, Cosmetic and Implant surgery and reconstruction practice at Implant Dentistry of Greater Lansing, and enjoys the benefits of patient centered care.
- Graduated Loma Linda University DDS degree l981
- Established Implant Dentistry of Greater Lansing Oral Reconstruction and Implant Dentistry practice in 1981
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology Board Certified
- Diplomate of the International College of Oral Implantology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry
Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry
Member of American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Sparrow Hospital adjunct staff Department of Oral Surgery
- Member of the Academy of Osseointegration
- Teacher of Implant Dentistry 1982 – present
- Faculty of the Misch International Implant Institute 17 years
- Teacher and faculty at Nobel Biocare USA
- Teacher in advanced bone grafting and sinus curriculum
- Author of peer reviewed articles on bone grafting and surgical techniques for implant safety
- Lecturer at the local, state, national and international level.