Dental Implants in Lansing, Michigan
Restore Your Smile with Dr. Crawford
Dental implants are a permanent, natural-looking solution for missing teeth. They’re also the only
restoration that protects your health in addition to improving your smile. At Implant Dentistry of Greater Lansing, Dr. Crawford specializes in placing high-quality implants that will restore health and beauty to your smile for many years to come.
Explore our guide to learn if dental implants are the right treatment for you.
What is the Dental Implant Process?
After Dr. Crawford determines that implants are the right treatment for you, we can complete the process in three easy steps:
- Implant Placement — During this visit, Dr. Crawford will place the titanium implant fixture in your jaw and protect the surgical area with a temporary crown or flipper.
- Recovery — After your implant is placed, you’ll need to wait three to six months before returning to our office. This is to allow time for osseointegration to occur, the process of your implant fixture fusing with your jawbone to stimulate healthy bone growth.
- Restoration — Once your mouth has fully healed, Dr. Crawford will attach the abutment (a small connecting piece) and complete the implant solution with your natural-looking prosthetic tooth.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants?
During your initial consultation with Dr. Crawford, he’ll thoroughly examine the state of your oral health to determine if you’re a good candidate for dental implants. The most common issues that can interfere with the success of your implants are jawbone deterioration or gum disease.
If you suffer from either of these conditions, he can prepare you for implant placement with a supplemental procedure, such as bone grafting or soft tissue augmentation. Thanks to these procedures, along with advancements in technology, more patients can receive dental implants than ever before.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer a number of unique benefits, including:
- Natural appearance
- Restores full chewing function
- Stimulates jawbone growth
- Easy to care for
- Never removed
- Can last a lifetime with proper care
Our Dental Implant Solutions
We feature a variety of dental implant restorations at our practice to meet the needs of all our patients. Whether you’re missing one tooth, several teeth, or an entire arch, Dr. Crawford will find the ideal solution for your smile.
Some of our solutions include:
- Crowns — To replace a single tooth, we’ll top your implant with a stunning dental crown. Each of our crowns is customized to match the shape, size, and color of your natural teeth for a flawless appearance. They’re also made from durable porcelain to ensure long-lasting results.
- Dentures — For patients who need full mouth implants, we feature three types of dentures for your convenience: snap-on, hybrid, and fixed. The main difference is that snap-on dentures can be easily removed, while only your dentist can remove hybrid dentures and fixed dentures aren’t removed at all. Alternatively, we can customize a partial denture for your smile if you still have some natural teeth.
- Same-Day Implants — If you don’t have time for the traditional dental implant process, we’re proud to offer same-day implants at our practice. Also known as immediate load implants, they allow Dr. Crawford to attach your crown immediately after placing the implant. This means you can enjoy all the benefits of a healthy and beautiful smile after just one visit to our office.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do dental implants last?
Dental implants are permanently anchored to your jaw for maximum stability. With proper care and oral hygiene habits, your implant can last a lifetime.
How do you take care of your dental implants after the procedure?
To maintain your dental implants, simply brush and floss every day. It’s best to use a soft-bristled toothbrush and nylon floss to avoid harming your implant. Dr. Crawford also recommends avoiding brands of toothpaste that contain abrasive ingredients, such as those for teeth whitening and smokers.
Are dental implants safe?
Dental implants have a success rate of 98%. As long as your surgery is performed by an experienced and qualified dentist, there’s no reason to worry. Implants are also the only tooth replacement that prevents jawbone deterioration, making them the safest option for your long-term health.
Visit Dr. Crawford for Dental Implants
For patients who want to restore their smile and protect their oral health, dental implants are a worthy investment. If you have questions or want to learn more about the procedure, Dr. Crawford will be happy to guide you through the procedure in detail.
Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation.